- Spokane County Bar Association Board of Trustees proposes to amend SCBA Bylaws. Click this link to review a redline version of the proposed bylaws - Proposed Bylaws. The proposed amendments will be voted upon at November Bar Luncheon on November 6th. For registration information for the November Bar Luncheon, follow this link - Luncheon Registration.
- Superior Court Filing Fees Increase on Some Family Law Matters - Pursuant to Substitute Senate Bill 5631, effective July 24, 2015, the filing fee on the following types of matters will be increased to $314:
- Legal Separation, and
- Invalidity of Marriage
The Spokane County Bar Association has been in existence since the early 1900s. In 1978, the Board of Trustees and the membership made the decision to establish a Bar Association office. At that time, there was one full time director and one part time law student. The Spokane County Bar Association at that time was approximately 350 members strong. Currently, there are approximately 1,000 members including Associate and Honorary Members.
The SCBA has five full-time employees: The Executive Director, Assistant Executive Director, Executive Assistant, Volunteer Lawyers Program Director and VLP Paralegal. The Board of Trustees, elected annually by the membership, meets the third Wednesday of each month. Board of Trustee meetings are open to all members.
One of the busiest and hardest working groups of the SCBA is the Young Lawyers Division. Membership to the YLD is free and open to all SCBA members under the age of 36, or those who have been admitted to practice for five (5) years or less.
- December 4, 2015 - Alternate Dispute Resolution CLE - 8:45 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. Click here to register
- December 10, 2015 - Holiday Party & VLP Auction - 3:30 p.m. - 7:00 p.m.
- December 11, 2015 - Ethics Potpourri CLE - 1:15 p.m. - 4:30 p.m. Click here to register